Infertility is an issue of today’s time that affects many individuals. Due to this, many other methods of reproduction have become quite popular to help people dealing with these issues. People resort to IUI, egg donation, sperm donation, IVF treatment or surrogacy to have their biological child. Female infertility can be a result of various underlying reasons and one such cause is the hormonal issue.
How Is Hormonal Imbalance Caused?
- Improper sleep: the sleep patterns of people have been disrupted due to their lifestyle patterns. They are working late till night, partying, or using phones for social networks and gaming. This makes them sleep at night and they have to get up early as per their schedule. Thus, they are not getting adequate sleep of 8 hours which disturbs their hormonal balance.
- Stress and emotional imbalance: when a person is constantly stressed and not emotionally stable, his/her hormones suffer too. Being stressed or emotionally disturbed occasionally is normal but prolonged exposure to any or both of these can lead to hormonal imbalance.
- Genetic factor: the probability of getting a hormonal imbalance from genes is quite high. This means if a woman’s mother or grandmother had a hormonal imbalance, she is prone to suffering from the same too. Thus, such women should regularly visit the doctor and get information on their hormonal balances to avoid getting infertility treatments and conceiving naturally.
- Poor eating habits: the dietary patterns of the people have been badly poor these days. They are not paying attention to what they eat. Besides, they are not consuming their meals on time and there is no intake of balanced or nutritious diet. Eating wrong food can disturb hormonal balances of the females and make them infertile. The women should not consume food which has preservatives or dyes in excess quantities, salts in excessive quantities, trans fat in more than required quantities, a lot of alcohol or too much of refined sugars.
- Things to avoid daily: it is advised to not to consume carbohydrates that have a high glycemic index without mixing them with low-fat foods. Low-fat foods such as proteins or fats reduce the effects of the carbohydrates. Other advice is to keep eating something at regular intervals and not starve for more hours. It is important to eat healthy foods such as nuts, fruits or salads instead of dodging on junk foods or convenience snacks.
All in all, fertility is majorly affected by the hormonal balance and any effect on the balance of hormones has a direct bearing on female’s fertility and her ability to conceive.