The cause of male infertility is always associated with the psalms but there numerous painful conditions that affect the fertility of females. One of those is the uterine fibroids. The fibroids are no doubt non-cancerous. They are just the abnormal and the unordinary growth that takes place on either the exterior or interior walls of the uterus. According to the fertility experts of an IVF Centre in Punjab, nowadays most infertility cases are associated with uterine fibroids.
- Which reasons can be held accountable for the growth of the uterine fibroids?
The fibroids are quintessentially dependent on estrogen levels and their origin of growth is the smooth muscles of the uterus.
The important fact is that every woman should know that the uterine fibroids come into existence in the reproductive years and these fade away on their own once the ovary has become hormonally inactive after you have stepped out of your reproductive phase.
The risk for the woman who has undergone two full-term pregnancies, to develop uterine fibroids decrease but the same in the obese woman rises.
- How are fibroids diagnosed?
Fibroids can be diagnosed by nay of the following mentioned method:
- Sometimes just the physical pelvic examination can give the doctor a view of the fibroids.
- Ultrasound helps to detect the exact location of the fibroids in the uterus
- Are there any categories of fibroids?
- Intracavitary fibroids
- Submucosal fibroids
- Interstitial fibrosis
- Subserosal fibroids
- What does the fibroid treatment aim at?
The preliminary motive of the fibroid treatment is the following;
- If the woman is trying to conceive for a long time and has not been conceived yet, then fibroid can be the cause. So by treating this problem, fertility can be restored in the woman.
- The unendurable pain and heavy bleeding are aimed to get treated through fibroid treatment.
- What are the variegated surgical treatment options for getting rid of the uterine fibroids?
Following surgical treatment options are the ones that help to get rid of the uterine fibroids:
The surgical procedure to treat the fibroids is known as the myomectomy which is further divided into the following categories:
- Hysteroscopic myomectomy
This procedure is taken up when the fibroids have made space for themselves in the uterine cavity.
- Laparoscopic myomectomy
When the fibroids have gotten stuck at the walls of the uterus then, minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery is usually suggested.
- Robotic myomectomy
When the size of the fibroids is significantly bigger, treating it with the other procedures will lead to several complications, in that case, robotic myomectomy is suggested.
As we all know that uterine fibroids are not all cancerous but still these are needed to be treated because letting them fade on their own will take years. Not only you will encounter discomfort but the consequential effects of the fibroids are also associated with infertility. In case, infertility comes up as an effect on the development of fibroids, then count on the best treatment procedures of the IVF centre in Moga.